About the Contributor
My Unpopular Food Opinions
February 3, 2021
Just like many people, I have plenty of unpopular food opinions. Here are a few of them:
- Tomatoes do NOT belong on sandwiches. I, for one, am definitely not a tomato lover so I guess I do have a little bit of a bias. However, I honestly don’t think they should be on any type of sandwich. They’re slimy, gross, and just ruin the whole taste of whatever you’re eating. There are many better substitutes, like lettuce, that are way better and actually add to the flavor.
- Secondly, peaches are super unappealing. The texture and the taste are honestly super gross. It’s like a knock-off version of apples, but much worse. I would do A LOT of other things if I didn’t have to eat a peach for the rest of my life.
- Cottage cheese is so gross. It honestly just looks like creamy barf. The combination of the smell with the appearance of it just makes it an automatic no for me. Sometimes it’s okay in foods, like lasagna, but there are very few exceptions.
- Another completely overrated food is fish. I’m not a fan of dead things, but fish are a definite no from me. Like cottage cheese, pretty much everything about it is gross. I cannot stand the smell of fish, especially when it’s uncooked.
- Last, but not least is celery. There are so many better options to eat than celery. Celery isn’t the worst food choice but it definitely isn’t the best.