The Life Online

The Life Online

Wren Walker, Editor in Chief

EMS student, Sienna Houlberg, has made the decision to do online school. “I think it can be fun at times but it is also not very fun, just sitting down and staring at a computer all day.” said Houlberg. And it is understandable. There are pros and cons to online and face-to-face. Houlberg said that there aren’t many bonuses to doing online, but sometimes can be fun.
Houlberg probably wouldn’t do it online again. “I don’t like being home all day and staring at a computer.” Although, she will most likely come back face-to-face in January. “I miss being with my friends and just going to school there.” Houlberg explained. “It’s not very fun just looking at a screen all day and it kind of hurts my eyes.”
There are two types of online school you could do. The Up North Virtual Live, which has TCAPS teachers helping you through it, and the Up North Virtual On Demand, which has no TCAPS teachers guiding you. Houlberg is doing the On Demand version of online, and wouldn’t want to do it again. She does not do google meets, so she can start her work any time of the day.
Houlberg usually starts her day at 8:00 a.m., and ends at 2:15 p.m. She says that going online was mostly her parents decision, but she probably wouldn’t change it.
Online school may not be fun, but you are safer. Going to school face-to-face is a bit of a risk. There is more of a chance of getting COVID-19, but it is easier to learn. Everyone has their own opinion, but online school isn’t the best.